Tia Toner McDougall
Her treatment protocols at Nova Spinal Care focus on restoring optimal function through the use of exercises and muscular rehabilitation. Read more…
Tia Toner McDougall - Physiotherapist
- Advanced Orthopedic Manual Therapy diploma
- Intermediate Orthopedic Manual Therapy diploma
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy, Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Education, St. Thomas University
- Bachelor of Physical Education, University of New Brunswick
- Acupuncture Level 1
- Athletic Therapy courses
- Movement Imbalances and Movement Dysfunction courses
Tia enjoys working with athletes. During her time at Saint Mary’s University, in the Athletics Department, she worked with athletes at many major sporting events (including figure skaters and hockey players). She also loves working with runners and is an avid runner herself. Tia’s work as an orthopedic laboratory instructor at Dalhousie University ignited her passion for patient education. This has continued throughout her career. Her treatment protocols at Nova Spinal Care focus on restoring optimal function through the use of exercises andmuscular rehabilitation. This is at times augmented by the use of manual therapy techniques or modalities.
Tia believes in total body health and wellness. She looks at the whole picture of her own health and the health of her family, as well as her patients. When Tia is not at the clinic she can be found with her husband Ian, their three beautiful daughters, and their large extended family!